What A Doll!

For Doll Collectors, Enthusiasts, and Kids at Heart...

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Original Wisteria Lane, Cul-de-Sac, United States

That's pretty much it!

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Talky Crissy



The first version of Talky Crissy was the Six-Phrase Version released din 1971. The talk box and speaker opening were located mid-abdomen and she had molded nipples. Most Six-Phrase Crissys had the following phrases available:
  1. I don't think so
  2. That sounds like fun
  3. Why not?
  4. What did you say?
  5. I'll never tell
  6. I'll tell you tomorrow

This particular doll is rare in that she also says "You're so good to me"

The Twelve-Phrase version had her talking box and speaker moved to the lower right abdominal quadrant. Her pull string is located on the side rather than on her back like her Six-Phrase counterpart. The 12-Phrases include:

  1. Hi, I'm Crissy
  2. My hair grows
  3. Let's have a party
  4. I love you
  5. Please dry my hair
  6. I've got a secret
  7. I like to dress up
  8. Set my hair please
  9. Make my hair long
  10. Make my hair short
  11. Brush my hair please
  12. Velvet talks too

There are also significant differences in the box design. The Six-Phrase Crissy came in a pink box with a photographic image whereas the Twelve-Phrase came in a designer box. I do not believe the designer was the same designer who created the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd edition boxes. I am still trying to verify this. Feedback welcome.

Both dolls are in excellent condition and come with their boxes. Unfortunately, neither have their original paperwork. Their talk-boxes are clear whereas occassionally you will find one that is worn from use and will talk slowly, skip, or have a deeper tone to her voice.

For more information on Talky Crissy visit http://crissytown.8thman.com/talkytown2.html

These dolls are both owned by What A Doll! info@whatadoll.net

www.whatadoll.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Utah Refinance
Unaffiliated External Link Counter